A brief introduction to the 2022 Great North Swim:
Windermere is England’s largest lake at 10.5 miles long (17km), stretching from Ambleside in the North to Newby Bridge in the South.
Surrounded by some of the nation’s most spectacular natural scenery – the Lake District National Park – the Great North Swim is an inspiring outdoor swim. With large screens around the event site, family and friends can watch all the action.
The Great North Swim is running across the weekend of 10th to 12th June in 2022. There is something for everyone, for all ages and all abilities, whether you’re a seasoned swimmer or a beginner. Join thousands of like-minded people and set yourself an open water challenge in the great outdoors at the UK’s biggest open water swim event.
- 250 metres: for beginners to open water swimming and for younger swimmers the Great North Swim250 is an ideal opportunity to introduce you to open water swimming. Cost: £19 entry per swimmer
- ½ mile: Suitable for 12 – 16 year old swimmers with an average completion time of 20 minutes. Cost: £39 entry per swimmer
- 1 mile: Suitable for swimmers 16 years+ with an average completion time of 40 minutes. Cost: £44 entry per swimmer
- 2 miles: Suitable for swimmers 16 years+ with an average completion time of 1hour and 15 minutes. Cost: £52 entry per swimmer
- 5km: Suitable for swimmers 16 years+ with a requirement to pass the 2500m marker within 1 hour and complete the full distance within 2 hours. Cost: £59 entry per swimmer
- 10km Suitable for swimmers 18 years+ who can complete this distance within 4 hours. Cost: £89 entry.